Band 3 - Programme Support Assistant
BAND 3 PROGRAMME SUPPORT ASSISTANT - TEMPORARY FULL TIME - SHEFFIELD
Your new company
You will be working for a large NHS organisation based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
Your new role
In your new role as a Programme Support Assistant, you will be responsible for the provision of administrative and project support services. The Programme Support team is responsible for the coordination of post graduate education and training across Sheffield and a wider region.
As the successful post holder, you will have a variety of administrative responsibilities within the Programme Support team such as:
- ensuring that agendas and documentation for meetings and events are available by required deadlines
- general office duties to support the business
- assist with ARCPs
- data entry and monitoring of quality of data
- first point of contact for the Programme Support team (electronically & verbally)
What you'll need to succeed
The skills needed to succeed in this position are:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Uses a range of communication channels to build relationships including good writing, data entry, telephone skills and good use of email.
- Excellent keyboard and IT skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative within defined parameters of the role, planning own work to given deadlines, but with direction from the other more senior members of the team
- Problem solving skills using known facts or situations or previous experience to determine best course of action
- Good timekeeping
- Good levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to maintain concentration over a period of time which may involve the frequent and prolonged use of IT equipment
- Good planning and organisational skills, conscientious and methodical
- Ability to make decisions within the framework of a policy, working to set protocols and procedures
- Willing to learn new skills e.g. updating the website, using new database systems
- Calm and effective under pressure
What you'll get in return
In return of this Band 3 position, you will receive a premium pay of GBP10.68 per hour. This is a full time, temporary position until the end of November with a strong possibility of being extended.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.