Hardware Assistant & Administrator
Job Title: Hardware Assistant & Administrator
Do you have knowledge of basic computing hardware and networking? Do you have an understanding of airport processes? This is a fantastic opportunity to join and experienced and growing team of people.
The Apprentice Hardware Assistant and Administrator acts as a member of the Hardware Team to work towards the Hardware tasks assigned by the Manager. The Team is responsible for the creation, assembly; testing, packaging, shipping and installation of company Hardware products. The Apprentice Hardware Assistant and Administrator are responsible for completing the administration tasks associated with the smooth running of the hardware office. The Apprentice Hardware Assistant and Administrator should have an understanding of basic business logistics and administrative processes. The Apprentice Hardware Assistant and Administrator role requires a calm and effective communicator who can work with or without supervision to fulfil the tasks of the Hardware office. The role is suitable for an individual looking to develop basic business administration skills in a busy working environment.
- Assisting with the logistics of inbound components and outbound products.
- Arranging courier and post deliveries.
- Manual handling and safe storage.
- Signing for and checking in-bound deliveries.
- Preparing, checking and creating documentation for inventory control.
- Safe Packaging and storage of products and parts, in line with company procedures.
- Maintaining inventory stock control of components and products within base office, including Hardware parts stock handling and serial numbering.
- Assisting with diaries, travel arrangements and hotels of the Hardware installation teams.
- Assisting with the commissioning, testing and sign off of built products at base.
- Assisting with fault diagnosis and repairs at base.
- On-site support with your line manager at any airport base of operation.
- Working as part of the Hardware Team, with colleagues of all levels to achieve the specific Hardware office goals.
- Taking support calls, completing support diagnosis processes on the telephone, updating and monitoring support tickets via the helpdesk system, referring support tickets to appropriate members of the team.
- Dealing with clients directly face to face, via telephone and email in a professional and courteous manner.
- Basic Business Administration Skills (MS Office).
- Understanding of airport processes.
- Understanding that a DBS with Enhanced Disclosure / Disclosure Scotland will be sought of the successful applicant.
- Knowledge of basic computing hardware and networking.
- UK Driving Licence is preferred.
- Maths and Written and Verbal English skills are necessary for this role.
ACS are recruiting for a Hardware Assistant & Administrator If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Hardware Assistant & Administrator please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Hardware Assistant & Administrator It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as Hardware Assistant & Administrator with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Hardware Assistant & Administrator role you desire.