NCT Administration Officer
NOTTINGHAM CASTLE TRUST ADMINISTRATION OFFICER VACANCY 2017
Job Title: NCT Administration Officer
To apply for this job, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet our person specification and giving the name of 2 referees (including your current employer), to firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of Job:
To set up and manage the office and administration of Nottingham Castle Trust ensuring that the Trust operates effectively and professionally in delivering its core objective of raising funds for the Nottingham Castle re-development project.
To support the Trust CEO and Trustee Board in all Trust developments
Main Areas of Impact:
- This role will involve the set-up of a new, robust back office function that enables the Trust to be effective, professional and successful in raising funds
- Support the Chair and CEO in creating an excellent working environment: open, transparent, enjoyable and effective
- Give all visitors and funders a first impression of a professional, effective organisation
- Manage all administrative functions of the Trust, ensuring all requirements are met.
- To maintain and improve upon a fully functioning administration office for the Trust
including setting up the new office base for the start of the redevelopment.
- To work with the Trust CEO on the future operating plans for the Castle
- To work with Trust Fundraisers to develop and deliver all fundraising materials
- To manage and administer fundraising events
- To organise, attend and minute the Trust Board meetings
- To manage and maintain the meeting diary for the Trust
- To monitor and manage the Trust finance budgets
- To represent the project professionally to funders and potential funders
- To be the face of the Trust to visitors and first time enquirers about the project
- To act as the Trust’s main day to day contact with Nottingham City Council Officers
- To manage existing funders, ensuring all reporting is up to date and funder benefits are met
- Extensive experience of office management in a charity environment
- Strong office administration and IT skills, with experience of Microsoft packages, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc and good with database spreadsheets
- Extensive experience of budget management and monitoring
- Understanding of fund raising, experience of working in a charity fund raising environment
- Experience of working with Trust Boards and a good understanding of their needs
- Experience of creating an office function where little currently exists
- Self-motivation, confidence, patience, determination and the ability to get on with colleagues and visitors
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective organisational skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management, plus the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Able to use own initiative and be self motivating under minimal supervision.
This role is on a one year contract, working 28 hours per week, four days a week (Monday to Thursday) and including occasional evening and weekend work as required to deliver fundraising events
A pro-rata salary of £18-20,000 (based on experience) will be paid for the year’s contract.
Statutory holiday entitlement for the year is 22.4 days (equivalent to 5.6 weeks) plus bank holidays.