Senior quantity surveyor - buildings
3 days left
- Flexible Hours
We are currently looking for a senior quantity surveyor to join our team in Sheffield.
The role of senior quantity surveyor will be to perform in a customer facing environment, providing specialist quantity surveying advice to a range of internal and external clients across the buildings and transportation sectors with a focus on pre-contract work.
The role of the senior quantity surveyor will involve the following:
- Assist in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
- Preparation of estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- Provision of financial advice including the impact of inflation
- Provide estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- Preparation of standard documentation - reports, valuations, letters, financial statement
- Preparation of tender and contract documents and participating in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer
- Analysis of tenders and preparing tender reports
- Prepare valuations and financial statements; re-measure as necessary and adjust variations
- Assist in the settlement of construction disputes and prepare and agree final accounts
- Attend appropriate design team and progress meetings as and when required
- Provide support and mentoring to junior members of the team
This is an exciting role allowing you to work across sectors and get involved with a range of projects and clients. The role will be 80% pre-contract work so we would be interested in speaking to quantity surveyors with extensive pre-contract experience or estimators with an interest in PQS roles. We believe in making our staff multi-skilled so there is also the potential to support the Project Management team.
We welcome applications from candidates with the following:
- Degree qualified in a Quantity Surveying subject (or equivalent)
- MRICS/MCIOB qualified
- Proven skills and experience of delivering within a Cost Consultancy whilst managing high value contracts within the buildings or transportation industry
- Demonstrate experience of pre contract surveying duties on projects
- Ability to build relationships both with internal management and externally with key client stakeholders
- Experienced in making decisions and presenting findings back to the client and internal stakeholders
- CostX/Vico experience is desirable but not essential
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from GBPmillion's to GBP20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
Our buildings portfolio is primarily a UK business working in both the public and private sector of the construction market. We provide cost and project management services for a wide range of clients including central government, local authorities and private clients. We work in the majority of buildings market sectors including workplace, residential, law and order, health, education, retail, sports and commercial property. Our vision is to provide added value to our clients business through high quality services and our people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.