Goods In / Stores Operator
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Goods-In / Stores Person to join the team that is growing and in addition to warehouse functions, consists of an engineering department and a wood workshop. This position is based in Ilkeston.
Our client is a manufacturer and supplier of hand tools and consumables to some of the UK’s largest utility companies in the telecoms, gas, water and power generation/distribution sectors.
As a Goods In / Stores Operator your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Booking goods in to a stock control system
- Receiving and checking goods
- Fork lift driving
- General warehouse duties
- Please note there are other duties involved in this role
An ideal Goods In / Stores Operator will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrative experience in this type of role.
- A counter balance and / or bendi fork lift truck licence would be advantageous.
- A current first aid at work certificate is desirable but not essential.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Have the ability to work accurately at speed in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to work well within a small team yet be able to work using their own initiative.
- Be hardworking, reliable, trustworthy, motivated, committed and loyal.
- Be able to manage time effectively to meet strict deadlines.
This is a full-time role working from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday in a small and friendly team.
In return, we will pay you a competitive rate of pay dependent upon experience, 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV and cover letter online.
PeakHR are retained Human Resources Consultants for this client and act as an internal human resource contact. We are not a recruitment agency.
recruitx ref: 961291128 / INDLP