Female Support Worker - Littleover
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.
We are looking for a caring and positive female support worker to join our service in Littleover, where we support 3 older ladies and 1 gentleman with profound learning disability and other health conditions including epilepsy. You will be joining us on a temporary contract to cover maternity leave for 28 hours per week.
All the 3 ladies and the gentleman enjoy a variety of different activities such as exercising, going swimming, dancing, helping around the house and helping with household tasks of cooking, cleaning. They also like to make their house a nicer place to live and enjoy buying things for their house. They all like to take active part in the decision making about their household. Maintaining regular contact with family and friends is very important to all the 4 people.
Your support is essential for them to carry on doing the things they enjoy and finding new activities to get involved in. You will also need to support them with maintaining a healthy lifestyle, help with medication, managing their epilepsy, and personal hygiene, and help with managing personal finances.
You must be willing to work flexibly as and when required. You will work on a rota basis throughout the week and at weekends including Bank Holidays.
For further details of this role please click on the 'additional information' attachments at the bottom of this advertisement - from here you will be able to read all of the one page profiles of the people we support, offering you an insight to the people you will be supporting.
An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidate.
This post requires applicants to undertake personal care duties and therefore is only applicable for female applicants.
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1
Job Ref: 9350
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract