1 day left
- Full Time
£17399 to £20624 per annum, depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance
Job Type: Technical Services
An opportunity has arisen for an individual to join a team of engineering technicians engaged in supporting Materials Engineering and wider technical general duties.
Duties will include:
- Pipework and other mechanical installations and modifications. To repair, modify or build as is required to support equipment associated with teaching and research activities.
- Provide technical mechanical support to students and staff. Supporting machining and other workshop based activities including manufacture and modification of samples and parts/equipment.
- Infrastructure and support activities in the Wolfson Building and in the wider Faculty of Engineering to facilitate operational requirements.
- Monitor and control stock levels in the laboratory, provide advice on required components and order as necessary. Ensuring that the facilities are kept in good order to enable student and research work to be carried out efficiently.
- Maintenance of basic equipment and general housekeeping of laboratory areas. To keep equipment running for research and teaching applications.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the post holder.
Candidates must have a minimum of two A-levels in relevant subjects, or equivalent vocational qualification (NVQ, City & Guilds) plus some experience in a relevant technical role or considerable work experience in a relevant technical role. Candidates must have basic experience working in a workshop or laboratory environment with basic experience maintaining and using equipment and machinery, also computer skills are required. An understanding of Health & Safety regulations and procedures is essential. A flexible approach and the ability to communicate are both essential. Training will be provided where required, a willingness to learn and develop skills and responsibilities will be encouraged and expected.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Mr Tom Buss, tel: 0115 9513758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
To apply, please click the apply button to be directed.
Closing Date: Monday, 22nd August 2017
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
This position does not fulfil the UK Visas & Immigration sponsorship criteria for Tier 2, therefore we can only accept applications from candidates who already have the right to work in UK.