Communications Officer / Membership Executive
5 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Membership Communications Officer
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing Date: 11th August 2017
The organisation is the UK's Chartered body for the science and profession of occupational hygiene and a leading voice for worker health protection. Occupational hygiene is the scientific discipline that protects people against the wide range of health risks that can arise from exposures to hazardous substances or conditions at work. The organisation's vision is simple: a healthy working environment for everyone. Through supporting their members and releasing their volunteering passion, they aim to make a real difference to the protection of worker health.
The primary aim of the Membership Communications Officer role is to build a stronger membership base of Occupational Hygiene professionals within the Society. The Officer will do this by promoting the benefits of joining to prospective members through social media, email and at events, as well as encouraging existing members to continue to renew their subscription by keeping them informed and encouraged by the activities of the Society through newsletters and the website. The Officer will also be the first port of call for members seeking support in accessing the features of their membership, whether that be through email, phone or at membership events.
You will display exceptional communications skills, with a strong ability in both written and spoken communications in order to build positive relationships with their members. You will have the ability to plan, deliver and evaluate communications for a range of audiences. You will also be able to think innovatively about new ways to attract and retain members.
The Member Communications Officer will utilise a number of IT systems, and therefore it is expected that the successful applicant has good IT skills and experience of using CRM systems.
This is an exciting role, which presents the opportunity to be part of a small busy team, and contribute to a critical part of the organisation's success.
- Generate a suite of communications for members to keep them informed of Society activities including e-newsletters, publications, e-bulletins, website and social media.
- Maintain information published through online websites and portals to ensure information is always up to date.
- Attend industry events in order to promote the work of BOHS and the benefits of membership.
- Promote the benefits of joining BOHS membership through email, social media etc.
- Provide first point of contact for all membership related enquiries by telephone or email, including queries about using the online member portal, renewals, upgrades and accessing member benefits.
- Build strong relationship with members and encourage proactive engagement in the Society and professional progression, through excellent communication skills.
- Fulfil memberships on an annual basis by producing renewal letters and membership cards for joining or renewing members.
- Maintain the CRM system as an accurate reflection of members' details, and any correspondence with them.
- Generate new ideas and implement ways to better utilise the CRM, to increase membership volume, satisfaction and engagement.
- Promote the advertising and sponsorship opportunities of the organisation's activities to a range of audiences.
- Record, report and analyse key performance indicators to measure the success of initiatives.
- Work as part of the Member Services team, providing cover for other activities as and when required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Level 6 qualification in Marketing and/or Communication or equivalent.
- Experience of working with CRM systems to manage customer contacts.
- GCSEs or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Customer focussed, with experience of promoting benefits, solving problems and building relationships.
- Experience of utilising website editor software and email generation software.
- Ability to generate ideas on improvements.
- Strong IT skills, with experience of working with a number of IT systems to manage customer experience including CRM.
- Highly organised with clear thought processes and able to manage competing priorities.
- Creating engaging content across a variety of platforms.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Communications Officer, Communications Specialist, Public Relations Officer, PR Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, Social Media Executive, Online Marketing Executive, Marketing Campaign Executive, Marketing Coordinator, Website Editor, Website Administrator, Website Content Manager, Membership Officer, Membership Assistant, Membership, Office Administration, Membership Development, Client Relationship Management, Finance Administration, Finance Administrator, Membership Administrator, Membership Engagement Officer, Sage, CRM, Membership Recruitment, Membership Advisor will be considered for this role.
Apply for Communications Officer / Membership Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly