Administrator and Executive Assistant (Performance Team)
BRITISH WHEELCHAIR BASKETBALL
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Type of Contract: Fixed Term (in line with UK Sport funding: until the end of March 2020)
Hours of Work: 30 Hours (0.8 FTE)
Employer: British Wheelchair Basketball
Location: BWB Elite Training Centre at EIS Sheffield
British Wheelchair Basketball is the National Governing Body of Wheelchair Basketball in the United Kingdom and a registered charity. The organisation coordinates a robust domestic competitive programme together with development initiatives and the delivery of the Great Britain national teams.
British Wheelchair Basketball is looking to appoint an enthusiastic individual to join the World Class Programme to provide executive assistance to the Performance Director and to support the administrative aspects of the WCP. This presents an exciting opportunity to join a leading Paralympic Governing Body of Sport as they prepare for the Tokyo Paralympics and beyond.
- To support the delivery of the World Class Programme, by providing professional, high quality and efficient executive support to the Performance Director (PD) and senior programme staff.
- Working within a work programme produced by the Operations Manager, to support the World Class Programme with day to day administration, including bookings for facilities and travel.
Working within a work programme produced by the Operations Manager:
- Maintaining the Performance Director's and senior programme staff's diaries and arranging meetings on their behalf.
- Organising, coordinating and issuing agendas for meetings the Performance Director may call.
- Attending and minuting meetings and distributing the minutes and accompanying documents as required.
- Keeping track of key work deadlines for the Performance Director.
- Processing and tracking the Performance Director's mail and email and dealing with it as appropriate.
- Making travel arrangements as appropriate for the Performance Director.
- Processing and monitoring the expenses claims and reporting forms for the Performance Director and forwarding to finance for payment.
World Class Programmes
- To ensure that all arrangements for travel and accommodation for the GB Team's for competitions and camps are planned and completed in a timely, organised and efficient manner.
- Be responsible for communicating all relevant Programme information to staff and athletes.
- To provide administrative support to the Coyotes team, working with the Team Manager to coordinate the playing schedule and associated facility and transportation bookings.
- Ensure that all team entries are completed and submitted on time.
- To communicate tournament travel information in a timely manner to ensure that players and staff are fully aware of travel times and other relevant schedules.
- To assist the smooth running of the BWB Elite Training Centre, by providing administrative assistance with bookings of courts and other facilities, ensuring that they are completed in good time.
- To monitor the usage of courts and other facilities to ensure that the programme is achieving value for money from its usage agreement.
- To monitor and track relevant aspects of the Performance budget, such as camps and competition costs.
- To support the process of kit ordering and distribution
- To input data into the athlete records database and ensure that all athlete details, test results and match performances are up to date and logged accurately.
- To support the management of the WCPP calendar ensuring that all activities are entered and that the calendar is distributed to relevant stakeholders as necessary.
- Establish, administer and attend with the PD, Ops Manager or Coaching Team any other meetings associated with the World Class Programme as required.
- Contribute to the administration of reports for the Performance Director, such as post tournament debriefs and UK Sport reporting, as required.
- To support the coordination of TASS and SportsAid sponsorships or scholarships including reporting.
- To support the processing of expenses within the Performance Department.
- To assist and/or perform duties in any other areas as required by the PD or Operations Manager
Key Internal and External Contacts
- British Wheelchair Basketball colleagues
- World Class Programme Coaches and athletes
- Sports Science and Sports Medicine support staff
- BWB affiliated Clubs
- UK Sport
- English Institute of Sport
- British Paralympic Association
Essential Criteria (evidence of which must be clearly presented within the applicant's CV and/or covering letter):
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Have excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Deliver under pressure and to agreed time scales
- Work individually and in a team environment
- Be willing and able to work with flexibility, including occasionally working unsociable hours such as evening and weekends
- Be willing to travel nationally and internationally
- Have a knowledge and commitment to equality and diversity issues and considerations that impact and are likely to impact upon the work of BWB and its associated bodies
- Hold a full driving licence
- Previous experience of coordinating bookings for group travel, tournaments or sporting tours
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended to adapt to the changing needs of the World Class Programme.
BWB is committed to developing safe, fun and inclusive opportunities for people who participate in wheelchair basketball activities.
Interview Date: 24th August 2017
Interview Location: British Wheelchair Basketball Elite Training Centre, English Institute of Sport, Sheffield.