£7.62 per hour plus excellent benefits
We have full-time and part-time opportunities in Alvaston, Derby. Shifts include weekdays, weekends, evenings and night support.
About the role
We welcome people from all walks of life. You don't need any specific social care qualifications or experience. The important thing is that you have the compassion and integrity to treat people with dignity and respect. A full UK driving licence is required and access to your own vehicle would be useful.
As a Support Worker, you'll give people with learning disabilities the confidence and encouragement to become more independent. Here are just some of the activities you could soon be supporting:
• Cooking and cleaning
• Personal care
• Paying bills/managing household finances
• Going to health appointments and taking medicine
• Going shopping
• Going on day trips
• Fun activities such as sports, horse riding, gardening or bowling
• Applying for jobs or going to work/volunteering
• Using the internet and social media
Who we are
United Response is a leading national charity providing support to young people and adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. We believe in championing the right of disabled people to live, work, socialise and participate in the community, free of discrimination and unnecessary boundaries.
What we offer
• 20 days' paid holiday, increasing after 3 and 5 years (plus 8 bank holidays)
• Benefits including pension contribution, childcare vouchers and season ticket loan
• Discounts from over 3,500 retailers
• Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
For more information or for an informal chat please call Hayley Lewis on 07811 996943.