Commercial Project Engineer
Sumitomo Wiring Systems is one of the world’s biggest manufacturers of Electrical Systems, Components & Electronics for the Automotive Industry. The UK branch of Sumitomo’s European Electronics Division has a vacancy for a Commercial Project Engineer, who will work as part of a small commercial team supporting mainly UK & French customers.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide engineering support within UK Commercial Team by preparing mainly cost calculations & profitability studies for new and existing business for UK and French customers, but also other related activities to support UK Business Manager & Key Account Manager throughout the quotation process & new production introduction phase.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS AND REQUIRED:
- Fluent written and spoken English and the right to work permanently in the UK without sponsorship
- Must have a strong sense of ownership, sense of responsibility and a commitment to do what is necessary to achieve satisfactory results in an environment which can be constantly changing
- Ability to travel within UK & overseas as and when required for short periods of time
- Understanding & ability to use 3D CAD would be advantage but not essential (preferably CATIA)
- Honesty, reliability, integrity & ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Good communication & organisational skills
- Computer literate and be especially proficient in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of APQP and TS16949 would be an advantage
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Educated to HNC or equivalent level in a relevant discipline
- Comparable experience in a similar position
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy, please submit your current CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role, to Tracee Findlater, HR Officer, in the UK HR Department at email@example.com.