Fabricator / Welder
An opportunity has now arisen for a Fabricator / Welder to join Bailey Manufacturing based in Burslem, Stoke on Trent.
Bailey Manufacturing is one of the UK’s leading manufacturing companies, supplying a wide variety of fabricated components, ranging from Street furniture items such as Shelters and bollards, to more elaborate pieces such as 10metre diameter coal barrels and conveyors.
As manufacturers of high quality components, we are looking for a motivated Fabricator / Welder to join the team of a rapidly growing and progressive company.
Your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Reading Technical Drawings
- Welder Fabricators must be able to read and interpret technical drawings and engineering plans. The Welder Fabricator will use the drawings along with other data, such as work plans, to develop and design their welding projects
- Fabricating Metal Objects
- Fabrication involves laying out, cutting, fitting, measuring and welding metals to create the desired shape or object. This is highly detailed work and requires the Welder Fabricator to be knowledgeable of many techniques and tools.
- Inspecting Work and Equipment
- A Welder Fabricator must constantly inspect and test welds and equipment. Welds are checked for durability as well as meeting specified standards and equipment must be examined to determine if repairs or new equipment is needed.
The ideal candidate will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Ability to use variety of tools and equipment
- Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read drawings and recognize welding symbols and specifications
- Knowledge of industry safety practices
- Knowledge of specific welding processes, such as TIG, MIG and ARC
- Ability to use heavy machinery, such as forklifts and cranes
Candidates should have experience in welding in previous fabrication roles. The interview process may include a welding test carried out at our Burslem offices.
Your working hours will be 39 Hours per week. With potential for overtime
In return, you will receive a competitive salary based upon experience.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 961921430 / INDHP