Functional Skills Specialist
3 days left
- Full Time
Functional Skills Specialist
Hours: Full time
Location: Sherwood Rise
Closing Date: 27 July 2017 – 12.00pm
Interview Date: 1 August 2017
What are we looking for?
A highly competent Functional Skills Specialist to support a range of learners on variety of learning programmes. The role of a Functional Skills Specialist is a hands-on, integral and highly visible role designed to impact significantly on learners' English and Maths achievement and continued development. The person in this role will be proactive and instrumental not only in making a difference to the lives of learners but also in increasing the standards and reputation of the Futures Training. You must have a thorough understanding of maths and English development and be able to support learners, delivery staff and resource development.
Who Are We?
We are an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding social enterprise at the forefront of providing jobs and skills advice, training and apprenticeships to support young people, adults into work with reputable employers and training. We deliver projects and administer funding within local communities and operate the National Careers Service across the East Midlands and Eastern England. We are jointly owned by Nottingham City Council and Nottinghamshire County Council.
Our mission is to inspire people of all ages to achieve their potential and, in so doing, help reduce unemployment and support economic growth.
What can we offer? At Futures, our company-wide values: underpin who we are and what we do and it is essential that all colleagues share these. Having these values means we work in a culture which is open to learning and improvement, leads by example, is passionate about making a difference and develops the potential of both colleagues and clients.
Having a happy and motivated workforce is critical to our ongoing success. We genuinely care about our colleagues and offer a range of benefits and opportunities to support you in your role and grow in confidence. We will: help you develop in your role, support your career growth, promote positive health and wellbeing at work, and encourage a good work/life balance
Job Specification Requirements
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified deliverer (Level 3 Award in Education or equivalent)
- Have a minimum GCSE Grade C in Maths and English
- Have a level 5 specialism in maths and/or English
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ experience with delivering English and Maths in a vocational work-based learning setting
- Have experience of organising own schedules and working to targets; delivering on a 1 to 1 basis and to groups of learners; working with learners who require additional learning support
- Have experience of supporting learners at all levels from entry to level 3
- Have experience of delivering outstanding teaching and learning to groups and individual one to ones
- Have the ability to produce high quality resources to support learning
To apply, for further details and a job description for this vacancy visit the Futures website by clicking apply
Job reference: FUT46
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks prior and during employment.