We are looking for an individual with upwards of 4 years’ experience working in IT Support. The individual in this post will be part of the ICT support team and will provide IT services to external schools and commercial customers using remote access systems and attending on-site visits.
As the position will require regular visits to customer sites a UK driving licence is essential.
Duties will include:
· The provision of technical and operational support to all external client schools and commercial customers.
· Support and installation of the following Desktop and Server Operating Systems Windows 7-10, Windows Server 2008 – 2016.
· Knowledge of deploying and administering IOS and other tablet devices.
· Experience and knowledge in administering Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, WSUS, RDP and network printing
· WLAN/LAN installation and troubleshooting using physical and software techniques.
· Support current virtualisation technologies such as Hyper-V and VMware
· Show good knowledge of backup and antivirus systems and applications
· Execute ‘Helpdesk’ tasks and faults ensuring adequate systems delivery and problem resolution within agreed timescales.
· Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on all ICT equipment.
· Perform computer updates and replacements, including maintaining ICT inventories.
· Proactively assess equipment and help create replacement programmes for budgeting.
· Maintaining Smartboards, projectors and interactive screens.
· The installation and configuration of all PC workstations and associated software packages.
· To keep up to date with latest IT technologies to efficiently advise customers and to maintain effectiveness in the support role.
· Show excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate easily, clearly, and politely with end users of any IT literacy.
All employees are expected to maintain high standards of customer care in the context of Link ICT Services Limited values, to uphold to the appropriate Equality, Health and Safety Standards and to participate in training activities as required for the post. Due to the nature of the role, offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Apply for ICT Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly