Night Warden Job Description
POST TITLE: Warden (walking Nights)
DEPARTMENT: Housing Management
HOURS OF DUTY: 21.45 - 08.15 (4 nights on / 4 nights off on rotating shift patterns)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Accommodation Manager
RATE OF PAY: £7.90 per hour
The Falcon Centre, a part of Housing Matters is the hub of Falcon Support Services providing 30 en-suite rooms in catered accommodation on a Licence Agreement. We opened in April 2013 to provide supported accommodation to vulnerable people who are over 18 years of age, single homeless, with a local connection to Leicestershire.
We have a flexible approach to working with the most vulnerable in the community, giving every person every chance to succeed. The Falcon Centre is staffed 24/7 and we understand that homelessness is rarely just a housing problem. We work hard to provide a holistic approach using formal and informal learning opportunities.
Purpose of the job
- To maintain and protect the security and safety of the premises.
- To control access to the premises and provide concierge services to residents, building users, staff and other visitors in a professional and friendly manner.
Duties and responsibilities
- To maintain a visible presence in and around the Falcon Centre including the local community.
- To patrol the entire premises (internally and externally) on a regular basis including checking the integrity of the building is maintained and being a visible body in the local community.
- To provide professional, secure and friendly front of house access control service and reception service.
- To be the first point of call when dealing with emergencies; e.g. fire, medical, police, etc. and to manage such emergencies appropriately including liaising with the police and other agencies to prevent damage to the premises.
- Maintaining manual and computerised records and monitoring CCTV systems.
- Reporting breaches of security and damage to the fabric of the building to the appropriate authority and staff and calling ‘approved' contractors to cover emergency repairs to maintain security and safety of the building where required.
- Reporting and logging issues relating to the personal security, welfare and safety of residents appropriately.
- Answering telephone calls, transferring callers and taking messages as required.
- Ensuring communal area is prepared for breakfast including tables, crockery, food stuffs and urn.
- To take responsibility for completing all requirements within a time frame as directed by the Hostel Manager and/or Duty Manager.
- To ensure that all required checklists are completed for all duties.
- To take responsibility for continuous improvement in service delivery and working practices.
- To implement and adhere to Falcon Support Services policies and procedures as well as any specific local procedures.
- To develop team spirit and co-operative working across staff team.
- To undertake any additional tasks and/or duties as deemed necessary to meet the requirements of funders, partner agencies or any other such organisations.
- To undertake any such additional duties that are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.
- To undertake/attend any training and/or meetings as required by the job role.
- To promote a positive image of Falcon Support Services and the service, working as part of an integrated team.
- Ensure all aspects of the Group Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety policies are implemented effectively.
- Every employee has a responsibility to ensure that their work complies with the
- Financial Regulations of the charity.
- Due to the nature of work, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will, therefore require you to disclose all criminal convictions and comply with a DBS check.
- To develop Falcon Support Services commitment to equal opportunities and to promote nondiscriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
- All employees are required by Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to consider changes and developments in service requirements. Any changes will be discussed fully with the job holder.
Apply for Night Warden
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly