Product Development Manager - Graduate
We have a vacancy for a Product Development Manager at our site in Heanor, Derbyshire. RPC bpi recycled products is a market leader in the construction and refuse sack business and one of the largest recyclers in Europe. The sales function for the business is based at Heanor with production at 4 UK sites; Heanor, Stroud (Gloucestershire), Rhymney (South Wales) and Dumfries (Scotland).
Established in the UK in 1991, RPC Group plc is an impressive and highly successful FTSE 250 design and engineering company, generating sales in excess of €4 billion p.a. from over 194 operations across 34 countries. A global manufacturer differentiated by its expertise in all the main plastic conversion technologies: injection moulding, blow moulding, thermoforming, and rotational moulding, serving six broad packaging and non-packaging sectors: food, non-food, personal care, beverage, healthcare, and technical components. Highly innovative, RPC’s 31 specialist design and technology centres worldwide combine creativity with a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all plastic processes.
The role is based at the Heanor site and the successful person will be responsible for all product development for the refuse business. They will ensure the management of the critical path of projects and liaise with all internal and external stakeholders. The Product Development Manager will report directly to the Innovation Director for recycled products, and they will have a close working relationships with the Refuse Sales Director, site operations, and customer service teams within this sector. This will involve:
- Effectively manage the new product development function within the refuse sector (Heanor and Stroud sites),
- Formulate, manage and deliver the strategy and plan to meet the business needs, ensuring that consistent approaches are adopted for both Heanor and Stroud.
- To be responsible and take the lead in new product / process projects.
- To be pro-active and take the lead in investigating changes in the market relating to new products.
- Research and report on added value products that will benefit the business strategy.
- To be responsible, maintain and control all retail specifications.
- To be responsible, maintain and control all retail packaging designs and specifications.
- To be responsible, maintain and control the refuse item set up procedure, through the Navision system
- To be responsible, maintain and control the UN Clinical Waste Sack approval for the business.
- To be responsible, maintain and control the process to enable the business to continue NF Accreditation
- Support external sales to allow clear communication flow of our business strategy to our customers.
- Support sales on customer visits.
- Attend weekly and monthly refuse product development meetings and a good record kept of the actions.
- Travel to the Stroud site as required.
- Co-ordinate and lead the Product Development Team to enable to deliver the business strategy.
- Manage trials both internally and externally with suppliers in an efficient and effective manner.
The successful candidate will have a qualification in Polymer Science and Technology, or have the required work experience. They will be competent in Extrusion and Conversion processes and systems and be numerate with excellent excel skills intermediate / advanced level.
They will need to be able to organise their own time, working independently and be adaptable to change. Previous experience is not essential.
In return for this you will receive a salary of Circa £24,000 per annum.
Benefits - Incentive package, generous holiday plus bank holidays, a profit sharing scheme, as well as many other additional benefits
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
This post will be advertised externally.
recruitx ref: 961921535 / INDHP
Apply for Product Development Manager - Graduate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly