Our client is a leading privately owned house builder constructing quality new homes across the East and West Midlands. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project / Design Coordinator to join their Loughborough based team to provide technical support to facilitate the construction of over 450 new residential dwellings every year.
Assisting the Development Manager, the ideal candidate for this role will be involved in:
• Checking the coordination and issuing of architectural, structural/ civil engineering and specialist designer drawings to ensure all relevant information is provided at various stages in the development.
• Submitting and monitoring the progress of Building Regulations and Building Warranty Applications / Approvals.
• Submitting and monitoring the progress of applications for minor amendments to existing Planning Consents.
• Ensuring receipt of all drawing information, “booking into” their system and issuing to all relevant parties.
• Attending Pre-Start meetings, and ensuring handover of all information to Construction for Site Start.
• General office administration and liaison with other departments as required.
The role would suit an individual from a construction / engineering or architectural background with a good working knowledge of building technology and regulations. Previous experience working in a coordination role would be advantageous and experience working for a housing developer would be highly desirable. Excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and the ability to multi task and be self-disciplined is essential. A driving license is also required in this role.
In return this position offers the chance for career progression, a competitive salary and package and the opportunity to join a long standing housing developer in the industry.
Salary: Attractive Package Commensurate with Experience
Please apply online for this Design Coordinator role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.