Sales Support and Administration Assistant
The role is based at the company’s head office in Alfreton and the hours of work are 39 hours per week Monday to Friday. This role is to offer sales support to the directors, as well as offer general office cover as required in peak periods. As this is a new position within our company the candidate must have a flexible approach to the workload and situations, as the job ratio of sales support to administration work will vary.
- Supporting the Directors and general office with sales requirements such as; taking incoming telephone calls /responding to email and website enquiries.
- Building strong relationships with new and existing customers and internal departments.
- Promoting new products/offers to new and existing customers.
- Providing excellent customer service, overseeing customers’ orders and enquiries to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Providing sales reports and typing up and sending quotations to customers.
- Advising customers on product information and dealing with enquiries in our trade counter where required.
The administration aspect of the role is limited to covering holidays and busy periods. It will include liaising with our Production Co-Ordinator to ensure that order completion /delivery dates are communicated to customers, ensuring daily hauliers (parcels and pallets) are organised and booked in and general office requirements.
Attributes - Essential:
- positive, proactive attitude and confident telephone manner
- Good attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage time effectively to meet objectives
- Strong commercial and analytical skills
- The flexibility to prioritise tasks as will be working on a large number of projects at any one time
- Experience of using Excel, Word and Outlook. Knowledge of Sage Accounts is an advantage but training will be given to the successful candidate.
- The role would suit someone who has worked in a busy role previously.
- The candidate must have enthusiasm, flexibility and a willingness to not only to be a team player but, the confidence to suggest new ideas as required.
- The candidate must be educated to A-Level standard (A-C Grade), or equivalent business qualification.
A-Chem Ltd is one of the country’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of high performance cleaning, hygiene and maintenance products to customers in a wide variety of businesses in the professional sector. We manufacture a wide range of professional cleaning products specifically designed for the automotive, janitorial and industrial markets.
If you haven’t heard from us within 14 days of the advertised closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES