- Working within CLEAPPS Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Setting up electrical and electronic circuits.
- Working to specific instructions for practical class work, examinations and internally assessed practicals.
- Preparing of equipment and materials for lessons, both for demonstration and class use, and Science Club/competitions.
- Ensuring experiments work and develop as required.
- Obtaining sundry articles as necessary for experiments or demonstrations.
- Checking equipment and materials, before and after use, for quantity and damage.
- Cleaning and maintaining in good order glassware and other equipment.
- Constructing and repairing simple equipment.
- Organising repairs or specific maintenance when necessary.
- Maintaining an inventory of materials and equipment and associated stock taking duties.
Support in DT would be welcome from a suitable candidate as follows but is not essential:
- Ability to cut and prepare materials for DT lessons – this will require H & S training.
- Ability to maintain tools, replacing blades, checking for damage, cleaning, lubricating and setting out prior to lessons.
- Ability to assist with electronic projects when required – sourcing kits, helping to trial ideas, set up demonstration models.