Subject Leader of A Level Art
Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 our client merged with Stafford College to form their Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. They have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where they work with over 800 individual employers. Their Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
They are looking for a Subject Leader for their A Level Art course.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher with a fine art background and experience of teaching A Level Art. You will have strong drawing skills and conceptual flair as well as a good understanding of what is required to deliver the highest quality standards. You will not only be an outstanding teacher but you will have the ability to lead and co-ordinate others.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a flexible and innovative curriculum that is responsive to feedback from current learners and anticipates likely changes in demand from future learners
- Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area
- Undertake the day-to-day co-ordination of staff within the course team so that the College can achieve its overall objective of being excellent in all areas
Required Skills and Experience:
- Teaching qualification (PGCE / DTTLS or equivalent).
- A background in fine art with strong drawing skills.
- A proven record of delivering teaching and learning to a consistently high standard
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers;
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current teaching practice within the curriculum area
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual Leave (plus bank holidays and a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Subject Leader in A Level Art, please go to www.nulc.ac.uk/jobs and click on 'Apply' to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 9th July 2017.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, they welcome applications from all sectors of the community.