Expiry date: 23:59, 25 June 2017
Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme College
Salary: £17,607 Per Annum
Benefits: Local Government Pension Scheme
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and suitably qualified individual with excellent communication and organisational skills to take on this key customer services role.
You will be responsible for providing an effective and customer focused applications process.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input and process full time, part time, apprenticeship and higher education applications on to the College’s student records system.
- To provide administrative support to the Customer Services Manager, assisting with the production of reports and other documents as required.
- To refer enquirers to specialist source of advice and guidance within the College and to outside agencies.
- To assist with welcome events, open evenings and other internal and external events.
- To undertake reception duties in accordance with the needs of the department.
- To undertake evening and weekend working from time to time, to meet the needs of the college during advice events and busy enrolment periods.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent, together with an advice and guidance qualification or equivalent on-the-job training/experience.
- Is pro-active and enthusiastic in effectively developing good practice to ensure the conversion of enquiries to enrolments.
- Has well developed IT, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Has a flexible approach to work and available to work evenings, when required.
- Has a full clean Driving Licence and use of own vehicle.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 24 days annual leave, rising to 30 following 5 years’ service (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for this role on ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 25 th June 2017