Christchurch Group are currently recruiting for a weekend Cook to work in our Bedford unit.
• Manage the kitchen environments to ensure that all areas including cookers and other appliances, work surfaces, cupboards and floors are left spotlessly clean and hygienic using the appropriate cleaning materials
• Plan exciting, varied and nutritious menus along with the homes manager to ensure individual residents’ special dietary requirements, preferences, comments and requests are taken into consideration
• Prepare food in a planned, safe and hygienic environment and ensure that all ‘cooked’ food is heated to the correct temperature
• Control cooked food so that it is served at the correct temperature
• Control the use of external pre-prepared meals or parts of, keeping this to a minimum with the majority of food being home cooked
• Measure food so that wastage is kept to a minimum, recycling as appropriate inc. compost bin
• Negotiate the best prices for food with various suppliers, purchasing supplies in quantities to the best economical value using seasonal produce at all times (free range and organic as appropriate)
• Operate a rotation system so that food does not go out of date and administer stock control and regular audits
• Budget for food and stay within predetermined monthly budget
• To work as part of the team and contribute to the safe, homely and therapeutic environment for the residents at the home
• Research and maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of relevant legislation and good practice including, the Health and Safety Act, Food Standards Act, COSHH, PPE and comply with all statutory bodies
• Present the dining room to the highest standard from breakfast to evening meal ensuring that all tables look welcoming
Christchurch Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
Christchurch Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Click to apply