Job title: Care Assistant
Salary: £8.50 per hour for 35 to 42 hours per week.
Our client has been a charitable housing organisation for nearly 60 years. Their residents are always at the heart of what they do and the services we provide. The company are currently looking for a Care Assistant to join their care home in Nottingham.
As a Care Assistant, you will play a pivotal role being the first port of call in the delivery of person centred care services to our client's residents and ensuring the home is maintained as a welcoming, safe and comfortable environment for the residents.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring each resident receives assistance with all elements of their personal care to include washing, dressing, and assisting residents in all aspects of daily living as required
- To participate with the team for continual monitoring of each resident's health needs; this includes appropriate liaison with senior and relevant staff
- Ensuring residents' choice and independence is respected and have knowledge of residents' risk management plans
- To help serve meals, prepare and clear the dining room and assist residents with eating as required
- To make beds, tidy rooms, light cleaning and emptying of commodes
- To care sensitively to residents who are unwell or requiring palliative care
- To escort residents to hospital out-patient appointments as required
- To answer emergency call bells and the door and greet visitors in a courteous manner
- Encourage residents to be involved in the home. Welcome and encourage their participation and remain emotionally and intellectually stimulated
- Support and work closely with families and friends, offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need
- To assist as directed in the preparation, implementation, review and update of all resident care plans
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people and carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times.
The role will involve working various hours, therefore, a willingness to work unsociable hours is essential.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people
- To be able to read, write and work with numbers to a good standard, including report writing
- Ability to work flexibly, on own initiative and as part of a team
- A willingness to undertake training to achieve QCF Diploma in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- Experience in a similar role within a health or social care environment
- A relevant QCF Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Experience in working in services for older people
- Evidence of continuing training and development in a health or social care environment
How to apply
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this positon, please click on 'Apply' and complete a short application process.